Air Bearings Limited (ABL) are a world leading innovative manufacturer of air bearing solutions, used across the engineering spectrum; whilst we are based in Ferndown (Dorset), we provide real world solutions globally.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced an Assembly Technician to join us at busy and exciting time; This is a permanent, full-time position, working within a friendly and supportive team.
What will the role involve?
- As an integral part of the assembly team, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely build and test of various air bearing component sub-assemblies.
- Work from drawings and process-control documents, in accordance with production schedules and other agreed timescales.
- To undertake repairs/rework on parts as required
- Developing good working relationships within own section and with other sections/departments.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies.
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company.
What will you require?
- Experience of working in the same or similar role/level is essential although training will be given with regards to our products
- Ability to understand and follow technical drawings
- Well organised with the ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines.
- Be a Self-motivated team player
- Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- IT literate
Additional information and company benefits
- Weekly Hours: 38 hours per week, Monday-Thursday
- Flexible start times
- Overtime available where required
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Bupa Cash Plan scheme (effective after qualifying period)
If you are interested in this position, or require further information, please apply or email Anoushka Dawson (Anoushka.firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.