Sub-Assembly Technician (Nights)
Air Bearings Limited (ABL) are a world leading innovative manufacturer of air bearing solutions, used across the engineering spectrum; whilst we are based in Ferndown (Dorset), we provide real world solutions globally.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sub-Assembly Technician (Nights) to join us at busy and exciting time; This is a permanent, full-time position, working within a friendly and supportive team.
This highly rewarding role will require you to contribute to the development of and support the company’s range of air bearing products which are manufactured to a tolerance of up to 1 micron!
What ABL will offer you?
- Competitive Pension Scheme (6% company contribution)
- 28 days holiday (25 days plus 8 bank holidays)
- Long Service Holidays
- Bupa Health Scheme Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Sick Pay
- External Training Opportunities
- Short Week (42hours per week, Mon-Thurs)
- Flexible starting times
- Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
- A friendly and supportive environment to work in
What will the role involve?
- As an integral part of the assembly team, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely build and test of various air bearing component sub-assemblies.
- Work from drawings and process-control documents, in accordance with production schedules and other agreed timescales.
- To undertake repairs/rework on parts as required
- Developing good working relationships within own section and with other sections/departments.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies.
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company.
What will you require?
- Experience of working in the same or similar role/level is essential although training will be given with regards to our products
- Ability to understand and follow technical drawings
- Well organised with the ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines.
- Be a Self-motivated team player
- Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- IT literate
Additional information and company benefits
- Weekly Hours: 42 hours per week, Monday-Thursday (12x hours Mon-Weds, Thursday 6x hours)
- Flexible start times
- Overtime available where required
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Bupa Cash Plan scheme (effective after qualifying period)
If you are interested in this position, or require further information, please apply or email Anoushka Dawson (Anoushka.firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.