Our aim is to break the traditional mould by providing our employees with challenges and opportunities to enable them to create situations where new opportunities can be found.
We strive to ensure that:
- our employees are energised and enthusiastic about their work
- employees are encouraged to do their jobs to the best of their ability and in the most efficient way possible
- we communicate in an open and transparent way
- we respect and value the diversity of our people
We aim to measure levels of engagement:-
- through regular feedback/discussion with their managers and team leaders
- through constructive dialogue with the employee Works Committee
- via employee surveys
Pay and reward
Offering a competitive reward package is crucial to both attracting and retaining the most talented people to drive our business forward.
To this end, we offer a package that includes a number of different elements including a non contributory pension scheme and BUPA at varying levels of cover to name but a few.
Employee development is key to our success.
Therefore, whatever level you join us, we look to invest in your development.
ABL offers Apprenticeship programmes to those at the start of their career in engineering and we also offer National Vocational Qualifications at various levels for existing employees within either hands-on engineering roles or in team lead roles that have never had an opportunity to gain a recognised qualification.
Some of our employees have been given opportunities to gain a degree level qualification to enhance both their own and the company's future.
In addition to this, we have a process in place for employee development reviews.
The emphasis of this is twofold; to provide employees with an opportunity to discuss their performance and to set targets; and to ensure we develop both short and long term capability.